Saturday, September 26, 2009

Great Saturday in Rock River!

Got in touch with my Grandson who's a computer whiz and he has my old website stored on his server and will help me out with this soon. Around here the day is beautiful, a nice Wyoming breeze of about 25 kts continuous with gusts to 30 but as luck would have it the wind was from the rear of our local shooting range so I was able to get the 06 sighted in. Iron sights good to 200 yds from a firm rest and scope is zeroed at about 3 inches high at 100 and 200 yds so the rifle and scope are good much further than I can usually shoot. Going out after a couple Antelope soon followed by an Elk, and perhaps even a deer depending on the freezer space. Shuffling rods and reels around, trading, selling and buying and soon hope to have my arsenal back up to snuff. Right now am watching a 10 weight I'd like to get and a better 5 weight. Of late am getting up to speed on the less expensive rods and reels. It's amazing but many rods are now as good or better than the graphites of the early 90s and same goes for the reels. Have a great day and weekend!
Chuck S

No comments:

Post a Comment